With Christmas around the corner and holiday music on repeat on the radio I couldn't seem to get "These Are a Few of My Favorite Things" out of my head. I know its not necessarily a Christmas song, but some station played it and there it was stuck. I guess everything happens for a reason because it inspired me to write a blog about the little things in life that make me smile (other than my family and dogs of course.) So here is a little fun list of some of my most favorite things, from coffee or makeup, and where you can grab them for yourself!
1) Macrons and Donuts
I may have a serious sweet tooth. But I really really have a love for macarons and donuts. These pretties below were made by Emerald Pie Bar, and the donuts by Rebel Donut. I think these two places are the best in town.
2) Statement Necklaces (especially the clearance rack at Jcrew Factory)
I adore a good statement necklace. I feel they could dress up any outfit. I think Jcrew makes some really adorable ones, but I don't really like to splurge on jewelry so I usually am searching the clearance area at Jcrew Factory. They are having a TON of sales right now for the holidays.
Click Here: Jcrew Factory Jewelry
3) Lattes. Well just coffee in general. I usually order a skinny vanilla latte from Starbucks, but whenever I am near a Pinon Coffee you best believe I am going there. Their coffee is delicious and they offer fun flavors like biscochito and maple. Also their biscochito donuts are to die for. Sorry non-New Mexicans their coffee shops are only here.
4) Bare Minerals Makeup
I have used all sorts of foundations and powders from extremely expensive brands like Makeup Forever to Guerlain. I always come back to Bare Minerals. I have sensitive skin that easily breaks out so this lightweight makeup works the best for me! Plus the complexion rescue cream makes my skin looks so glowy!
Click here to purchase Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue
Click here to purchase Bare Minerals Bare Skin Concealer
Click here to purchase Bare Minerals BarePro Powder
5) Bluephonic Bluetooth Wireless Headphones
When I am at the gym I don't like my headphones getting in my way. Every pair I've had bounce all over the place on the treadmill or the wires get caught on my weights. My hubby introduced these to me and they are apparently the knock offs for Beats by Dre. However they last longer than Beats, go figure.
Here is the link to try them out: Bluephonic Bluetooth Headphones
6) Kate Spade ANYTHING. But especially her Walk on Air Perfume. It smells so light and pretty!
Try it: Kate Spade Perfume
7) La Roche Posay Sunscreen and Moisturizer
Originally I came across this light sunscreen/moisturizer in Paris. I thought I was so fancy, but when I ran out, I thought oh well thats that. Well they now sell it on Amazon and Target. woohoo!
Try it : La Roche Posay
8) Nature Republic Super Aqua Max Fresh Watery Cream for Oily Skin
I found this awesome night cream after doing some research on the best Korean skin care products. K-beauty is all the rave right now, they really know their stuff! This cream is so light and makes my skin feel so good. It also smells heavenly. Did i mention its only $10!??!??!
Get some here: Nature Republic Super Aqua
9) Candles (especially ones from Target)
Who doesn't love a good smelling candle? Something I am a sucker for buying when I cruise the target aisles is a candle. Thankfully they are pretty inexpensive there.
10) Anything turquoise or minty blue
This color has my heart. From our wedding, to the MJP website, you can find ocean colored blues used all throughout my life.
11) and of course, cactus.
because Im New Mexican. That is all.