We are trying to share more about ourselves on the website and in our blog posts to show that this business is actually comprised of real women and not just a bunch of robots. Just kidding, I know you know that. But as I write this I think to myself, who really cares to know 10 things about me? I understand the monotony of “here is yet another pretty ring photo!” or “check out these gorgeous heels!” I don’t want our business to loose substance or personality, so we are keeping it lighthearted today with “10 things you didn’t know about Maura.”
1) I have lived in Pennsylvania, Virginia, Massachusetts, Florida and New Mexico. My family currently all lives in Florida and Pennsylvania. I only really know my way around New Mexico because I didn't really drive living in any of those places, which leads me to number 2!
(New Mexico Sandias, Pennsylvania in the fall, View of my Grandmother's lake in PA)
2) I didn't get my driver's license until I was 21! Yes embarrassing. I moved so much and never had a car to use to take the test in so it just kept getting put on the back-burner. This is probably the reason that I am a horrible driver and Brandon always tells me about some poor driving decision I make every time we are in the car together. I finally told him 2 weeks ago that he should probably just always drive. (Only took us 10 years to realize this!?)
3) I used to be quite the equestrian! My mom is still a horse trainer and I grew up on a horse farms in PA and VA. I competed at some of the top shows in the country. I sadly quit when I became an angsty teenager, I really really miss it and ride whenever I get the chance to go home!
4)My first job was a farm hand. I still don’t think my husband believes me. I worked dusk to dawn throwing hay bales, grooming horses and shoveling horse manure. Glamorous I know.
5) My second job was a photography assistant when I was 14! It was photographing horse shows in Virginia. I was so young and made $100 a day, not sure what they were thinking paying me this much but it was probably the best job in the world for me! It is where I decided this is what I want to do for the rest of my life. (here is one of the first photos I ever took with a professional camera, it was shot on film!)
6) I went to college when I was only 15. No I am not a genius. I had just graduated 10th grade when my mom decided to move back to PA. Instead of finishing high school in a new school I didn't know anyone, I applied to early college and got in!
7) I love to travel, especially for weddings! I have been to some pretty amazing countries but I must say currently Lake Tahoe has been my favorite trip. I was blown away by just how beautiful this little gem in our very own country is! Huge turquoise lakes and green green mountains. So many yummy restaurants and things to do. Its a must visit place!!
8. I have never broken a bone. Knock on wood!! I have been in some serious horse back riding accidents and have come out unscathed. I am so superstitious that this makes me nervous to even type.
9. I LOVE animals. I always had many many dogs, cats and ponies growing up. Such a lucky kid. ;-) Now we just have our 2 pups since thats all that will fit comfortably in our house. ( So Brandon says...)
10. My favorite way to relieve stress is a trip to Barnes and Nobles. The smell of coffee and books is so relaxing to me that I could spend an entire day there!
Thanks for taking the time to read this blog, now I just have to convince Sarah + Sara to write 10 random facts about themselves! Stay tuned....