One of my favorite parts of attending a wedding, is the music.
I eagerly wait to find out what song the bride is walking out to, and what they will exit as a couple to.
The cocktail hour waiting, and the first dance.
And the dance floor! As soon as the floor opens up, I am there.
But one of my least favorite parts is the playlist.
Don't get me wrong, the songs are fun! It's just that I've heard them at the last six weddings.
So in order to mix up your playlist, we're offering a few options.
Place them where you will, but these breathtakingly beautiful songs will either get your guests moving, or keep the romantic atmosphere.
We ALSO have a playlist on Spotify , so you don't have to look them up. We've done the work for you
.:Underrated and Unknown:.
Songs you've never heard, but really should.
- Take the World by Johnny Swim
- Light the Sky by Grace Vanderwaal (The cute girl from America has Talent)
- Closer by Nick Wilson
- Resolution by Matt Corby
- What Can I Do by Joy Williams (Post The Civil Wars breakup)
- Like Vineyards by Little India
- Good Day For Marrying You by Dave Barnes
- I Belong to You by Brandi Carlile
- I Wish I Was by The Avett brothers (Promise me you'll listen to this one)
- No Ones Gonna Love You by Band of Horses
- I Love You Will Still Sound The Same by Oh Honey
- Future Days by Pearl Jam
-You Are The Best Thing by Ray LaMontagne
- How Long Will I Love You by Ellie Goulding
.:Cute and Current:.
Songs you've heard once or twice, and never thought about again.
- I Choose You by Sara Barellis
- Perfect by Ed Sheeran (Or if you'd like to cry, listen to him duet the song with Queen Bey)
- I Was Made For Loving You by Tori Kelly and Ed Sheeran
- Sleep On The Floor by The Lumineers
- Marry Me by Train
- Say You Wont Let Go by James Arthur
"Oh my gosh, I haven't heard this song in years!", Yeah, those songs.
- The Way I am by Ingrid Michaelson
-I Won't Give Up by Jason Mraz
- Lucky by Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat
- Falling For You by Colbie Caillat
-All About Us by He Is We
- Falling In Love At A Coffee Shop by Landon Pigg
-I will Follow You Into The Dark by Death Cab for Cutie
- 1000 Ships by Rachel Platten
- Come Away With Me by Norah Jones
-Near To You by A Fine Frenzy
The ones you've seen in the chick flicks, but didn't know you needed.
-I Love You Till The End by The Pouges (Don't pretend P.S. I Love You didn't make you cry, we know it did)
- Mushaboom by Feist (The Wedding Scene in 500 Days Of Summer with the pretty blue dress, and we all thought they were going to get back together )
- Can't Take My Eyes Off of You by Frankie Valli (And in that moment from 10 Things I Hate About You, we all fell in love with Heath Ledger)
- Falling Slowly (The Movie Once gives us SO many feels)
-Kiss Me by Sixpence None The Richer (Can we please have Andy's yellow dress from How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days, because it was stunning)
- My Girl by The Temptations (Ok, so My Girl ends up being the saddest cute movie, but this song!!)
Moon River by Henry Mancini and Audrey Hepburn (Did you know you can ACTUALLY have Breakfast at Tiffany's Now? They built a restaurant)
- Stay Alive by Jose Gonzalez (Ok, so it isn't exactly a romantic moment, but the song is beautiful!
You know them, but you've never heard them like this.
- Can't Help Falling In Love by Haley Reinhart
- Like I'm Gonna Lose You by Jasmine Thomspon
- I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by Sleeping At Last
- Make My Dreams Come True by Billie Martin (The saddest thing is, this song is only available on Youtube Listen to it Here)
- Once In A While by Eddie Vedder
- Dream a Little Dream of Me by Amy Vachal
- Sunday Kind Of Love by Amy Vachal
- Make You Feel My Love by Adele (Fun fact: it's a Bob Dylan song... so we're classifying it as a cover)
-Stand By Me by Florence and The Machine (Everything Florence touches turns to gold)
No matter what, make sure you choose songs that YOU will love!!!